ECCO is focused on fulfilling our mission now more than ever. We are going the extra mile to be a safe place for guests and staff and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are meeting applicable CDC, State and Madera County health department directives to the best of our abilities. To that end, ECCO offers the following guidelines for guests:
Before you arrive:
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm allowing time for thorough cleaning between guests. Guest room check-out time is still 9:00 am.
- Guest rooms will be aired out (for 24 hours if possible) after guests depart.
- All guest rooms and meeting spaces will be sanitized and cleaned using approved COVID-19 sanitizing products.
- Staff will prepare guest rooms with fresh linens (pillows, sheets, and blankets), towels and bathmats.
- Group leaders are responsible for making room assignments; ECCO encourages leaders to keep household groups together and pair singles with others according to their vaccination status.
During your stay:
- Staff strive to wipe down and sanitize counters, equipment, furnishings, and other commonly touched surfaces frequently throughout the day.
- Guests are asked to wash hands regularly.
- Masks are not required for outdoor recreation or gatherings.
- Masks are not required for indoor meeting rooms but strongly encouraged.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available in the Dining Room and meeting rooms. Guests are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer for personal use.
- We welcome guests to enjoy the fresh air outdoors. Visit Campo Santo; walk the Stations of the Cross; hike the trails; sit and reflect by the pond; hike to Pounding Rocks on Lewis Creek . To encourage spending time outdoors, ECCO will be placing additional benches, chairs, and picnic tables throughout the property.
Food and Beverage Service:
- ECCO will continue to offer its top-notch food service. The buffet line remains. Guests are asked to use hand sanitizer before using serving utensils. A staff attendant will be on hand to build plates for individuals unable to use the hand sanitizer.
- Guests may sit in the dining hall with ample space for social distancing. Tables will generally be set to seat 6 guests. Fully vaccinated groups may request that tables be set for up to 8. If you are uncomfortable dining indoors, please enjoy your meal in one of the outdoor seating areas.
- A central food and beverage station offering coffee, tea, water, and juices. Staff attendants routinely clean this area.
- Germicidal UVC lamps have been installed in the HVAC units in Lyles Hall Dining Room, Lower Lyles East Meeting Room, Walters Chapel, and the Barton Meeting Room. Germicidal UVC lamps kill bacteria and viruses as air circulates through the system. MERV-13 level air filters have also been installed to help cleanse the air of contaminants.
- Initial room arrangements will provide for social distancing.
- Public area bathrooms are routinely cleaned after meals and meetings. Clorox wipes are available in the bathrooms for the convenience of guests.