Cold and flu season is upon us. The Episcopal Conference Center Oakhurst (ECCO) always takes extra precautions this time of year including but not limited to: deep cleaning surfaces, providing extra hand sanitizer and tissues, and cautioning our staff to stay home when sick, in order to prioritize the health and safety of our guests and staff.
We request that if you are ill, or think you may be ill, that you stay home. It is necessary for us to make this request currently. If you fall into this category, we ask that you contact your retreat organizer or our staff.
In the meantime, the most effective way to stay healthy and minimize the spread of infectious disease is to follow basic health best practices during cold and flu season, like:
• If you are sick or exhibiting contagious symptoms such as fever, cough, or sneezing, please stay home to avoid spreading illness. If you exhibit a fever, please be fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medicine for 24 hours before coming to ECCO.
• Hands should be washed often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands.
• When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, and cough or sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands. Dispose of tissue immediately and wash hands.
• Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces in your home.
• Get your flu shot to protect against the flu, which can produce symptoms like novel Coronavirus.
• While at ECCO, please wash your hands frequently especially before entering the dining room and utilize the hand sanitizer.
If you would like to discuss your circumstances or have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will continue to stay informed of any guidance being issued and communicate any additional updates or changes.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we work together for the health and safety of all our guests and staff. We look forward to seeing you at ECCO.
Here are few helpful links and resources